Minnesota trip update

Hi everyone.  Well I just finished round 5 and so far so good with no allergic reactions.  Seems the added steroids and benedryl have done the trick thank you Jesus!  It has been a rough round just because my patience is starting to wear thin with the hazy foggy feeling that leaves me feeling a bit like going crazy for the week.  It has me ready to nix the last round of chemo that I have left.....yes yes I know just one more, hold it together and get it done!  We'll see..... Today I am doing much better though and got out of the house which was very much needed!

Our trip to Minnesota was good but we didn't get the news that we were hoping for.  We had this whole timeline already planned out to get my surgeries back to back in November but were informed that that can't be the case.  I guess that I have to have radiation in between the surgeries which is something we are still looking in to right now.  We aren't sure why they have to radiate the breast wall if it is going to be completely removed and the cancer doesn't come anywhere near the chest wall.  Anyways Aaron is doing all the research on it and we are planning on meeting with a radiologist soon.  Good news with radiation though is that Queen's hospital here has some of the newest advances in it so fingers crossed I qualify for them.  We met with one of the top oncologist surgeon's in Minnesota and she gave us the news that she couldn't feel the lump or lymph nodes, meaning they must have shrunk considerably!  We also met with a very highly recommended plastic surgeon who says I am a good candidate for the surgery I want, I just can't loose any weight cause I have just enough to work with!  The only time in my life that I don't want to loose any weight and I'm suppose to be getting super healthy!  He won't know for sure until he opens me up if he can for sure do the diep flap surgery but he said even if he can't he can then do a muscle sparing surgery which will only affect a very small portion of muscle.  He left us feeling very positive, though there really is no perfect solution to having reconstruction surgery.  All have some draw backs and will leave nice big scars.

So it looks like I will finish up chemo for now.  Then a few weeks later I will go in for my masectomy followed by a month of recovery, then will be the radiation for 6 weeks 5 days a week.  Then I have to wait for about 3 months for the skin to heal, unless I can get in with some of this new radiology technology.  So we decided since we have to wait that long we mine as well take the summer off and head to MN the beginning of June for 6 to 8 weeks.  The surgeon said to give myself at least 4 to 6 weeks before flying home.  It will be good timing since the kids will be out for summer break.  I was hoping to have everything done sooner than later, but God knows the timing and His timing is perfect.  I keep reminding myself that I can't see the future and that God knows it all too well so He knows just when and where I need to be at the most perfect time.  Still just running with it and trusting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ba bye chemo!