Ba bye chemo!

Woooohooo!!  Chemotherapy is done!  Two weeks ago I finally finished off the 6th and final round of chemo.  I was very tentative about even doing it knowing how it made me feel and not sure if I was able to stand it mentally.  But I did it, I finished, and boy does it feel great!  Such a relief.  Thank you all for praying.  My last two rounds were without allergic reaction and went smoothly.  I have been told that chemo is the toughest part of this whole process, we shall see if that is the truth.

Wow how the time flies.  It has been six months since I found out I had a cancer and it has been four months of chemo.  I still can't believe half a year has gone by already.  So now that the chemo is done I get a bit of a breather this month and then I have my first surgery scheduled for the 30th of November.  I will be going in for a single masectomy and a lymph node dissection and it will be done here in Hawaii.  I also already have my reconstruction surgery scheduled and that will take place June 12th in Minnesota.  God has been absolutely amazing and has been with me and us every step of the way.  We are bringing the whole family with us as we will be gone for two months to allow me to recover enough to fly home.  God has already provided all the money needed to take the whole family with us with a little extra to do something fun with the family on our way out to Minnesota.  We are going to have a little layover in LA since we have to fly through there anyways and take the kids to Disneyland.  I am sooo excited about it and shhhh once again cause we are going to try and keep it a secret from them till we are actually on the plane!  I'm not sure if I'll hold out but I'm gonna try!!!  They have done so well through this all and this will be a much needed family time for us.  God rocks and is so faithful and supplies more than we even need!

I have been so blessed and honored to call you all friends and family.  This experience has shown me just how loved I am by you all and it has felt amazing.  Thank you so much again for all the prayers, financial support, and words of encouragement that have been given.  Love you all!

Comments

  1. God is Good! Still keeping you all in prayer. Blessings. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it through the chemo. That's such as huge milestone, and a huge confidence booster to know you survived that. As for the surgeries and what ever is next just say "Bring it on!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog